Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Small Conversation about Heaven

Sometimes kids say the darndest things out of the blue. Shortly after reading about Hazel's discussion about where she was born with Kari, Kaleigh and I had this small conversation:

Kaleigh: Mommy where's Jesus?

Me: (Surprised) What?

Kaleigh: Where's Jesus?

Me: In heaven with Heavenly Father.

Kaleigh: I want to go to heaven with Jesus.

Me: You do?

Kaleigh: (Nods) I want to be with Jesus and Heavenly Father. I don't want to be here. I don't want to go forward. I want to go back.

Me: (Not sure I heard the last part right) Kaleigh say that again.

Kaleigh: I don't want to go forward. I want to go back.

Me: (Uh-huh?) Well, one day Kaleigh, mommy, daddy and baby Jacob will all live in heaven together.

Kaleigh: (Gives a big smile and giggles) Yeah!
Then she goes back to watching T.V.

6 comments:

cherry said...

What an amazing little girl. Did you realize Pat that Kaleigh has a testimony of Jesus Christ already? It touched my heart so much and strengthens my own testimony of our Savior. Makes me remember the baby blessing Chris gave her...read it to her!

meanwhile, she has a point! i would like to go "back"ward too....hahaha...back to heaven with Jesus! love you and the family.

Mel said...

that is so cute!!! i guess she is definitely learning a lot in Primary. I can't wait til Kaitlyn can really talk and i can laugh about what she says too. lol

Lindsay said...

She really is a sweet, sweet girl, your Kaleigh. Nursery certainly wouldn't be the same without her. :)

Krio Tity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krio Tity said...

What a smart child! Wow, I can't believe she understands enough to want to go to heaven. You guys are doing an amazing job teaching her and I think that that's why Kaleigh knows so much about Jesus.
Keep up the good work.

Da said...

Wow! that sounds like one of the stories I'd read about a baby and birds, very similar. Maybe its a girl thing b/c my boys haven't come up with those questions yet, they just like having fun and dress up like Jesus.